The 19 Best Hair Barrettes to Clip Up Your Revenge Bangs

hair barrets

What about a metallic art piece that is somehow both practical and insanely gorgeous? You can even take it way, way back and get the jelly barrettes that my mom used to force upon me, but have somehow become the new hot accessory (what’s old is always new again). Here, find the 19 cutest, chicest barrettes that can help conceal any hair mistakes you’ve made. Today, WWD’s breaking news and trend coverage continues to be a trustworthy resource for both fashion insiders and consumers alike. Our shopping editors continue to uphold WWD’s editorial standards and values with quality, expert-backed product selections.

Wear them as jewelry

hair barrets

“I love using charm barrettes when styling shoots because they literally will clip on any piece of clothing in ways that move around the body. You can even clip them on your shoulder bag or belt,” said Van O. “It’s a really cool way to utilize pieces in different ways.

Lelet NY Crystal Bow Barrette

hair barrets

I’d wear two of these on either side of a middle part. I’m a big fan of this wacky vintage hair clip (I own one in orange), and not just because it’s the French spelling of my name. It’s a double bar and ball, so it’s best to use it to hold back a few strands. BPCR releases new colorways of these every so often (since they’re vintage and each one-of-a-kind). This Black-owned and female-owned brand is one of my favorites because of its well-priced, beautifully-designed jewelry. However, they also make trendy barrettes like the Koi II.

Best for the Y2K Trend

Bow trend: How to try the trend with 35 editor picks - TODAY

Bow trend: How to try the trend with 35 editor picks.

Posted: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 08:00:00 GMT [source]

Designer hair barrettes have recently resurged due to luxury brands featuring them as an accessory on runways. For this story on the cutest hair barrettes, Ljung interviewed a stylist and combed through hair barrette options to select the best for different hair types and aesthetics. Classic bows also influence modern hair barrettes. One brand that coined the trend is Chanel — take the above photo from 1980, for example.

Alexandre De Paris Pearly Side Barrette

Instead, shop for cute hair barrettes that help create a unique look that you can make your signature design. Create fun and flirty patterns that catch the eye. Move over statement necklaces, hair barrettes are here for all the attention. While barrettes are designed for hair, their versatility isn’t limited to just that. Another on-trend way to wear them is as an accessory to your clothing and everyday handbags.

While it’s the most expensive barrette on this list, I included this brass hair clip by Off-White because I never thought to wear a paperclip in my hair. But after seeing this one, I really think we should all consider doing so. This French-inspired barrette features a spotted hand-beaded pattern with fabric backing.

Take a bow

Timeless Pearly is one of my favorite jewelry brands, and their sturdy hair clips are no exception. This pearl checkered barrette has a double bar and ball clasp, meaning it’s meant to secure less hair at once (and works really well in curly hair). I’d wear two on either side of my head or one with a side part. When I think of hair barrettes, my mind jumps to the gold one I received from my mom (it was my grandmother’s) that has maintained its condition through generations. Metal hair clips are classic and pair well with jewelry as a minimalist, clean and chic accessory choice.

Emi Jay Popstar Clip Set

Much like the last one, they’d be fun to wear mixed together to make your outfit feel alive. Fashion tastemakers are also on board with adding more flair to their outfit by using over-the-top barrettes as hair jewelry. Fashion influencer Chiara Ferragni donned a gleaming large hair clip from Schiaparelli on top of a low bun.

Crystal Hair Clip Barrette, Fine Crystals Hair Barrette, Hair Barrette for Women, Silver Barrette

Plus, they’re super chic, so they’ll look good with just about everything. This set of three clips is simply too iconic to pass up. Ideal for a black-tie gathering or other glamorous event.

These are bobby pins and not technically barrettes. Ashley Williams is known for her statement bobby pins, and this cobweb one is one of my favorites. Machete makes my favorite necklace, and it has withstood the test of time, so I would like to get myself one of their barrettes to wear for life, too. These matte barrettes hold a ton of hair back, so they’re fantastic for people with thick locks that need an extra dose of strength.

I’m proud to say that little sparkly things in my hair still make me feel special and give me a mood boost. Below, some fun options for you to consider if you too are enamored by shiny things. This adorable vintage striped bow would look darling on one side with the rest of your hair swooped back. It’s one of those outside-of-the-box accessories you won’t find many people wearing. I have a tendency to wear accessories with unique adornments.

Inspired by Olivia Rodrigo’s butterfly hair clips at the Met Gala, this set of golden bobby pins are a showstopper, not to mention an investment piece you’ll want to wear daily. This year, ditch the notion that barrettes only serve to keep hairs in place. That your hair accessories need to be toned down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quantitative Research: What It Is, Practices & Methods

Famous Mike Evans Wedding Cake Ideas

Cool Table App Ideas